In order to help people connect with the digital world, the Duluth Public Library offers laptop computers for checkout and use within the library building. Please be aware of the following rules for laptop use.
- You must be 18 years or older, have a valid officially-issued ID and a Duluth Public Library card in good standing to check out a laptop. Only one laptop may be checked out per library card.
- Teen laptops are available for sign-out and use by teens ages 13 to 17.
- Laptops will be checked out on a first come, first served basis. Laptops are not to be removed from the library and must be returned by closing time to the desk at which they were checked out.
- The Duluth Public Library's Internet Use Policy applies to laptop use. You must read and agree to the policy before Internet access is allowed.
- Each laptop is equipped with software similar to that provided on other public access computers at the Duluth Public Library.
- If you wish to save files, you must provide your own memory device or ask library staff if one is available for short-term use. Any created or downloaded files will be deleted after a session ends. The library is not responsible for lost or corrupted files.
- If a laptop computer is lost, stolen or damaged, the person on whose card the laptop is checked out is responsible for the cost of repair or replacement. In addition, if a laptop is not returned by the time the library closes on the day it was checked out, it will be considered stolen and the police will be contacted. Overdue fines on library laptops are $50 per day.
The Duluth Public Library's policies are subject to change without notice.
Back to Policies
Adopted May 24, 2011
Revised December 2012
Revised February 2015
Revised March 2017
Duluth Public Library Board