The Duluth Public Library (DPL) uses social media in many forms. The DPL staff maintains and edits the content of DPL social media sites to comply with library policies.
Library social media is intended to create a welcoming online space where library users will find useful and entertaining information and can interact with staff and other users.
Social media is defined as any web application, site or account used by the library to facilitate the sharing of opinions and information about library-related subjects and issues. It includes any facility for online publication and commentary, such as blogs, wikis, and social networking sites.
The library will utilize social media tools to encourage community involvement and to create a dialog between the library and its patrons regarding library services, resources, events and programs, and community information.
Comments, posts, and messages are welcome on the library’s social networking sites. While the library recognizes and respects differences in opinion, all such interactions will be regularly monitored and reviewed for content and relevancy. The library reserves the right to refrain from posting user submissions or comments or to remove them at any time.
Rules for Public Comments and Posts
- Stay on topic. Comments and posts should be library related.
- Duplicate posts from the same individual will be deleted.
- Don’t include personal information about yourself or others. The library discourages individuals from posting personal information and reserves the right to remove any posts with personal information.
- The library is not responsible for user generated content. A posted comment is the opinion of the user only, and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement or agreement by the Duluth Public Library.
- Spam and commercial content will be removed. The library will remove posts or comments used for campaigns, religious or commercial purposes, or for soliciting funds. Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and will result in the comment being removed. Repeat offenders may be banned.
- Individuals should not post anything that they do not have the right to post. The Library follows a notice-and-takedown procedure for complaints of copyright violation under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- Posts containing offensive, obscene, threatening or abusive language, or hate speech are strictly prohibited and will be deleted. Authorities may be contacted.
- Users may report concerns. Moderators will review those concerns as soon as possible.
Staff members posting on the library’s social media sites on personal time should be aware that information they display or comments they make on library social media sites may be viewed by other users as representing official library sponsored information or comments. Therefore, in utilizing library social media websites, staff must follow the guidelines set forth in the City of Duluth employee policies.
The Duluth Public Library does not endorse the advertisements promoted on any social media site. These advertisements are displayed by vendors and do not express the Duluth Public Library’s views or positions.
By commenting and posting users agree to these rules.
The Duluth Public Library's policies are subject to change without notice.
Back to Policies
Adopted October 22, 2013
Duluth Public Library Board