Everyone has a right to expect and receive quality library service at the Duluth Public Library in an atmosphere that is calm and safe. To ensure that the Duluth Public Library provides a pleasant experience for all who use it, library users are expected to follow these guidelines.
- Be respectful of all. The library is shared by many people. Be courteous and expect courteous treatment from staff and other library users. Library staff will be glad to answer your questions.
- Respect the property of the library and the property of others. Library materials and equipment belong to the community. Please treat them gently and follow library policies governing their use. If you bring your own items into the library, be sure to keep them with you at all times.
- Keep in mind that different areas of the library have different levels of activity and noise. If you are in a designated quiet area, please speak quietly to avoid disturbing others.
- Remember that the library is a place for learning, meeting, creating and discovering. Sleeping in the library is not allowed.
- Abide by all applicable local, state, and federal policies and/or laws. Failing to adhere to library policies may result in library privileges being revoked. Other violations will be subject to the law.
Library staff has the authority and responsibility to ensure that this policy is followed by everyone who uses the library.
The Duluth Public Library's policies are subject to change without notice.
Back to Policies
Adopted September 22, 2015
Duluth Public Library Board