The Duluth Public Library is seeking energetic, responsible people who are looking for rewarding work. Volunteering at your library is a wonderful way to help people, while also staying connected to your community. Please read our volunteer policy before applying.
If you would like to donate your time, please read our Volunteer Policy and then contact our volunteer coordinator, Cheryl Skafte, at:
Download Volunteer Application
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Youth and Community Services Assistant - Teen Programming
Overview: Assist with planning and implementing two consistent teen programs each month at the library. These two events involves anime and manga. Volunteer will help to find activities, plan activities, assist with room set-up and clean-up and work directly with teens during activities.
Goal of Position: To have an enthusiastic and friendly volunteer who enjoys working with teen programming, specifically manga and anime.
- Attend two teen programs a month, generally on the first and third Thursdays from 2:00-7:00pm.
- Assist with set-up and take-down responsibilities.
Time Commitment: This volunteer position requires availability from 2:00-7:00pm on the first and third Thursdays of the month.
- Enthusiasm and enjoyment of working / interacting with the public.
- Must be able to understand, retain and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Experience working with teens is preferred.
- Able to provide attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, be resourceful, and work independently as well as with a team
Training/Orientation: Volunteer will need to attend orientation session and pass a background check.