Memory kits are for people with dementia, memory loss, or cognitive impairment. They are intended to stimulate conversation or reminiscence with a person with cognitive issues.
Our kits include a collection of resources and items that allow users an opportunity to engage in conversation about their life experiences.
What's in a Memory Kit?
- Interactive activity (such as a puzzle, bingo, games, or conversation cards)
- CD with soothing or memory-sparking music
- Book with colorful illustrations created for people with memory loss
- Caregiver's Guide to Dementia by Laura Gitlin
- Tip sheet and booklist
Types of Memory Kits
- 5 kits for Early Stage Dementia - Green Bag
- 6 kits for Mid-Stage Dementia - Red Bags
- 1 kit for Late Stage Dementia - Blue Bag
How it works:
- 4 week checkout - 2 renewals
- Kits may be reserved
- Kits may be picked up and returned at any Duluth Public Library location
- Kits may be interlibrary loaned by Arrowhead Library System cardholders
Memory Kit Press Coverage
If you have any other comments or suggestions, email us!