Tax Form Update
Most Federal forms are now available online.
You may print tax forms, 10 pages without charge, at the Main and branch libraries.
Copies of federal instructions can be found online to view or download or to request copies by mail
Copies may also be requested by calling 1-800-829-3676. This change is the result of significant cuts to the IRS appropriations by Congress.
Federal forms are slowly arriving from the IRS. NO booklets (1040, 1040A, 1040EZ) have arrived. This page will be updated if and when they arrive.
The Minnesota Department of Revenue no longer provides state tax forms and instructions to libraries.
This is to ensure taxpayers are filing with the most up-to-date tax forms and instructions.
Taxpayers may obtain forms and instructions from the Department of Revenue website - www.revenue.state.mn.us - or by calling 1-800-652-9094.
Tax Preparation Help at the Library
Volunteers from UMD will be at the Main Library in the Gold Room (Michigan Street level). Their schedule will be:
Mondays: 2 - 7 pm
Saturdays: 10:15 am - 3:30 pm
The last day the volunteers will be here is Saturday, April 9
Bring the following materials to your tax help session:
- Social Security numbers for everyone listed on the tax return (including children)
- Birth dates of everyone listed on the tax return
- Photo I.D.
- Last year's tax return
- W-2 forms, 1099 forms and any other taxable and nontaxable income statements or forms
- Receipts for charitable donations
- Property taxes paid in 2015 on your home
- Form 1095-A (if you received one
- Daycare expenses (include provider's name, address and tax ID or Social Security number)
- Receipts for purchase of school-related material for K-12 students
- Form 1098-T for college, technical college or other post-secondary schools
- Form 1098-E if interest was paid on a student loan
- Bank account number for direct deposit oof refund
- RENTERS: Form CRP from your landlord
- HOMEOWNERS: 2016 property tax bill
This tax preparation help is available to households with incomes under $54,000.
For questions or information regarding the volunteer tax help, please go to https://lsbe.d.umn.edu/accounting/vita.php or call the UMD Accounting Department Office: 726-7966.
Additional Tax Preparation Help Sites:
UMD volunteers will be also be available in:
Rooms LSBE 134 & 144
Labovitz School of Business & Economics
1318 Kirby Drive
Wednesdays 2 - 7:30 pm (February 10 & 17; March 2, 16 & 30; April 6)
Saturdays 10 am - 3:30 pm (February 6, 13 & 20; March 19; April 2 & 9)
Community Action Duluth is providing tax help Tuesday, January 26 through Monday, April 18, 2016:
Community Action Duluth main office
2424 W. 5th St., Ste. 102
Mondays & Tuesdays, doors open at 4:30 pm
Saturdays, doors open at 8:45 am
Walk-ins only; no appointment necessary.
People may line up 1-2 hours before doors open, so check their Facebook page for realtime updates or be sure to arrive early
Call 218-726-1665 for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: Library staff are not trained to help with tax questions.
Please contact the IRS or the Minnesota Department of Revenue for help from the experts.