E-Access Library Cards
An E-Access Library Card provides residents of the City of Duluth with temporary access to all of the digital resources the Duluth Public Library offers—e-books, audiobooks, magazines, and databases like Tumblebook Library, NewsBank, and Ancestry. Temporary E-Access cards can be converted to a regular library card during curbside pick-up. See library curbside pick-up hours here.
To Receive an E-Access Library Card, you must:
- Live within the city limits of Duluth. If you live outside of the city limits, the Arrowhead Library System is offering a similar library card to residents of their seven-county area. Visit https://bit.ly/2Uefgv9 to apply for an Arrowhead Library System card.
- Fill out our online registration form. Please provide an email address. It is the easiest and fastest way to receive your E-Access Library Card.
- Wait patiently. We are working remotely and under unusual circumstances. You can expect an email with your E-Access Library Card number within 2-3 business days.
- Stay home and stay safe. Enjoy access to over 25,000 ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines without having to leave your home. Discover a new author or genre. Dream about the garden you will plant this summer. Try a new cookbook. Research your family tree.
- If you are using your E-Access card to check out physical library materials, you will be asked to bring your government-issued ID and proof of current address to your first curbside pick-up visit so we can convert your E-Access card to a regular library card.
E-Access Library Cards will expire on February 1, 2021. Once we re-open our physical locations, we encourage you to visit us to convert your E-Access Library Card to a permanent library card. A permanent card will allow access to physical materials along with the digital access this card provides. To convert an E-Access Library Card to a permanent card, you must provide a government-issued photo ID (e.g., state-issued driver's license, state-issued ID card, passport, military ID, tribal ID, etc.) and proof of your current address.